09 December 2011

Why This Kolaveri Di?

Ah, the melancholic and slow singing style by actor Dhanush for his new movie 3.

Word has it this song became an overnight sensation due to it's bizarre and comical lyrics quipped with catchy modern Indian tunes. Before being a judge for this song myself, I read the Huntington Post, BBC news and my very own Facebook wall flooded with the link for this video. Curiosity killed the cat but since I'm in no way a feline so I ended up writing a blog post about it.




Yo boys I am singing song
Soup song
Flop song


Why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di
Why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di
Why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di
Why this kolaveri..... di


Distance la moon-u moon-u
Moon-u color-u white-u
White background night-u nigth-u
Night-u color-u black-u


Why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di
Why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di


White skin girl-u girl-u
Girl-u heart-u black-u
Eyes eyes meet-u meet-u
My future dark


Why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di
Why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di


Maama notes eduthuko
Apdiye kayilla snacks eduthuko


Super maama ready
Ready 1 2 3 4


Wat a change over maama


Ok maama now tune change


Hmmmmmmmmm
Kaila glass
Only english..


Hand la glass
Glass la scotch
Eyes fulla tear-u


Empty life
Girl come
Life reverse gear-u


Lovu lovu
Oh my love
You show to me bovu


Cow cow holy cow
I want u here now
God I'm dying now
She is happy how


This song pass to boys
We dont have choice


Why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di
Why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di
Why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di
Why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di


Flop Song

Well, a lot of people are wondering what the song means. It's not hard to decipher really(if the song intends to have any meaning at all).

Boy meets girl, boy gets heartbroken by girl. Boy laments his bruised heart by binge drinking to numb his pain. While in a drunken stupor, he laments that she's evil(girl-u heart-u black-u). Our Devdass wannabe here also wonders how many boys are getting their hearts broken by a girl and going on a melancholy state like him.

Well, people are giving it mixed reviews - what is happening to the quality of music??? What is this song about? And more questions than I care to post here.

Well peeps allow me the honour of being extremely blunt here. CALM YO TITS!

It's obviously a satire, a mere joke of a song. Actor Dhanush himself said he only took 3 minutes to pen this down.

Seriously people, the song was sang in such juvenile lyrics and silly on-the-spur-of-the-moment melody.

Relax and remove that stick up your ass and enjoy the comedy! Yours Truly laughed really hard at this funny song and enjoyed the bizzareness of it all!

I suppose it takes a certain kind of sense of humor to enjoy slapstick comedy.

Oh well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you made a lot of mistakes

its "yo boys" in begining
"snacks eduthuko"
"you showed me bovu"
"this song for soup boys

Review ~ The Girl in the Ice by Robert Bryndza

  I'd give this 3.5 stars. It's his first book so there's that.  The plot ran smoothly with realistic dynamics between character...