15 July 2012

Golden Days Western Actresses

This is kind of like a long overdue sequel to my Golden Days Indian Actresses piece. I have always liked celebrities from the black-and-white movie era they're just so fucking charming!

Here are some that I would kill a gnome to meet(most of them are dead so...good luck there, right?)



~*Jean Harlow*~
1911-1937 aka The Blonde Bombshell. She was the original prototype that influnced the Blonde Bombshell concept.

"Men like me because I don't wear a brassiere. Women like me because I don't look like a girl who would steal a husband. At least not for long"


~*Marilyn Monroe*~
1926-1962.
She was a fan of Jean Harlow and wanted to be a Blonde Bombshell just like her. And she was.

"Don't let a girl know she's unloved. She will never forget it for the rest of her life"


~*Clara Bow*~
1905-1965
"The Brooklyn Bonfire, The 'It' Girl".

"The more I see of men, the more I like dogs"


~*Jayne Mansfield*~
1933-1967

"If you want the best things in life you have to earn them for yourself".


~*Sophia Loren*~
1934-now

"Hate is unfulfilled love"


~*Elizabeth Taylor*~
1932-2011

"The ups and downs, the problems and stress, along with all the happiness, have given me optimism and hope because I am living proof of survival"


~*Greta Garbo*~
1905-1990

"Life would be so wonderful if we only knew what to do with it"


~*Deborah Kerr*~
1921-2007 aka The English Rose

"All the most successful people these seem to be neurotic. Perhaps we should stop being sorry for them and start being sorry for me - for being so confounded normal"



~*Natalie Wood*~
1938-1981
"You know what I want? I want yesterday"


~*Audrey Hepburn*~
1929-1993

"I've had my share of difficult moments, but whatever difficulties I've gone through, I've always gotten a prize at the end"  



~*Katharine Hepburn*~
1907-2003 aka First Lady of Cinema

"Not everyone is lucky enough to understand how delicious it is to suffer"


~*Hattie McDaniel*~
1892-1952
"I'd rather play a maid than be one."


~*Loretta Young*~
1913-2000

"Our human connections are guided by God, and ultimately all of us are linked through His love. Thus, we have all already met, not as actress and fan but as His children, and we can never be lost to each other"  



~*Rita Hayworth*~
1918-1987 aka The Love Goddess

"I think all women have a certain elegance about them which is destroyed when they take off their clothes"

Please check my Asian counterpart of this Golden Days Actress: http://talesofaluciddreamer.blogspot.com/2010/07/golden-days-indian-actresses.html

No comments:

Review ~ The Girl in the Ice by Robert Bryndza

  I'd give this 3.5 stars. It's his first book so there's that.  The plot ran smoothly with realistic dynamics between character...