02 September 2012

Acuvue Advance Plus with Hydraclear Review

I had been seeing a lot of articles on the dangers on circle lenses from my Facebook newsfeed to MSN and Yahoo mail/news. I took that as a sign and ditched my very last pair of circle lenses.

I guess it's goodbye to pretty doe eyes. =\

Never fear! I have thought long and hard about this and decided that I have only one set of peepers all my life and it deserved to be well taken care off.

I did my thorough research and decided that I would settle on clear lenses instead because a) it's healthier, b) it's retains moisture and c) it's so fucking comfortable you won't even know you wearing them.

I settled on Acuvue because they have a few products for dry, tired eyes and astigmatism and is said to be affordable.

I had seriously considered Bausch and Laumb because it is the top brand but seeing my finances I simply went for second best thing. =)

I settled on Acuvue Advance Plus with Hydraclear because it is said to be the shitzeh for retaining moisture for people with dry eyes.

The water content is fairly low at 47% is made from Silicon Hydrogel that provides optimum breath-ability for your eyes[that are covered by the lens]. The diameter is 14mm, just ngam-ngam sits around your pupil of your eyes.


It boasts to have superior ingredients that makes the eyes feel like it's wearing nothing. 
Let's see to that.

I opened the very slim package to see 2 strips of lens packaging. Surprised me actually because I was truly wondering how in the hell does a 3 month supply of lenses fit in these?

Well, surprise, surprise.


It works, the back and front view of the lenses packaging. Neat, huh?

I opened the a pair and inserted them into the lens case and let them sit for a while before insertion.


As you can see, the lenses are tinted blue so as to allow you to locate the lenses easily from your lens case =) It also claims to have a 123 mark embedded on the lens to guide the wearer on which side of the lens is the 'correct' side. =)

I had a little bit of difficulty inserting these as they were so goddamned delicate and soft. Seriously, it was like touching water! it felt cool to the hands too. =D The lenses glide smoothly on the surface of the eyes and after blinking a few times to remove any trapped bubbles I was thoroughly amazed how comfortable this is.

It was like wearing nothing at all! \(o0o)/


Here comes the creepy eye! 

No lah, this is just my eye with the lenses on! See? It's like you're not even wearing any it looks so natural but at the left corner of the pupil you can see the lens lining and it's a little bit blue. =P That's the tinting. My eyes gave this healthy gleam, shining and moist like water and I was VERY satisfied at the comfort. It took some getting used to looking through these but i'll come around. =D

I have 3 complaints about these lense:

a) They were kinda hard to take out due to extreme softness, I accidentally made the inner corner of my eyes red trying to get these out[note: only on one eye, the lens in the other eye came out flawlessly] and 

b) Upon removal, my eyes were blurry. More than usual. There was no decrease in power as my glasses of the same power showed no significant difference in vision. I tried to find explanations for this but most simply said it was the eyes getting used to it and change the solutions frequently.

c) I was told by the optometrist that these lenses are monthly disposable. That surprised me as my research showed these lenses are bi-weekly(2-weeks) disposable. I know from experience that one should never push the expiry date of a lens. I have asked a few people about this and they have yet to give me answers. I hope my readers who are wearing this exact same lens series can enlighten me on it's usage periods.

I would recommend this but seeing all the 3 things posted above I would ask you go to a reputable eye care practitioner.

PS: I wore them for 7 hours straight and my eyes did not feel dry or strained at all. They were as comfy as I had put them in.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

it took me n 1 or so just 2 put on lenses..I'm stickin 2 my nerdy glasses..

Princess Ganga said...

Indeed, glasses are a much safer and quicker choice but lenses are useful to me in the sense that I travel on foot whenever I have classes so I need ALL my peripherals. I need to see if any shady characters or cars are approaching. With the glasses frame it's not really safe. With lenses it'll be almost like I'm looking from my own eyes. I wear lenses 3-4 times a week at most 6 hours. So it's not really a hassle. =D

Anonymous said...

Did you figure out the usage whether 2 weeks or a month because my optician did the same thing

Review ~ The Girl in the Ice by Robert Bryndza

  I'd give this 3.5 stars. It's his first book so there's that.  The plot ran smoothly with realistic dynamics between character...