13 September 2012

Understanding Introverts


Right, I wrote this purely based on my own experience as a super-introvert.

If you take a look at Facebook posts, you'd probably think I am an obnoxious loudmouth who never shuts up. But then you see me in real life - I hardly speak two words to you.


It's not that I am ashamed to be face-to-face with you. As an introvert, I greatly enjoy my company and I value my privacy/alone-time.

I am always thinking about something, always have little 'projects' to be completed.


An Introvert is knowledge-seeking. She is constantly reading a book or looking at some form of information fuel. She is what the judgmental society calls 'nerdy'.

I do enjoy a bit of quality time and socializing with friends. I have no problems going up the stage and present something. I may not be the best presenter but unlike common misconception most people have - introverts are not shy. Maybe to a small degree, we are indeed shy, but not too much.


We are definitely not snobbish, arrogant or anything like that. Our lack of enthusiasm in communication may turn you off but really, we do appreciate you taking the time to talk to us. I know it's not easy to keep a conversation going with an introvert and if you can keep a conversation going with an introvert, you'd be surprised with the knowledge we have got to offer. [Yes, we "Silent Lambs" revel in reading and collecting knowledge and like to share it to whomever that asks].

We are very loyal and devoted to our interests so if you insult it, expect us to be cold with you.


Another common misconception about introverts is that we are 'boring'. Well, just because we don't prance around in our trophies and medals and certs doesn't mean we have nothing to talk about. For all you know - that quiet girl you sit next to runs a well-received blog(ahems, ahems) and apparently is the most sought-after person in times of need(my friends often tell me this ehehehehe).

Really, as an introvert my achievements are something that is privy and special to me. I don't see the point of exposing it and seeking social validation of sorts. I just...don't. We prefer to keep it silent because really, sudden fame is an introvert's worst nightmare. We can't handle all the love.


Unless you're a Hot Topic shirtless model then yeah sure why not. XD

ps: the hot anime guys are just for your eye candy. Sorry guys, most of my readers are ladies, so...XD ahaks.

No comments:

Review ~ The Girl in the Ice by Robert Bryndza

  I'd give this 3.5 stars. It's his first book so there's that.  The plot ran smoothly with realistic dynamics between character...