25 December 2017

Sephora Collection: 10HR Wear Perfection Foundation ~ Review

If you don't know Sephora, you living under a rock.

For someone with a dark skin colour like mine (I'm like chestnut coloured), Sephora is a holy grail for makeup. Especially foundation. You East Asian and Caucasian folks wouldn't understand how hard it is to get foundation for my skin tone range.

This one is called the 12HR Wear Perfection Foundation formulated for oily-combination skin. Hence the label "oil-free". This is the shade 50 Deep Mocha. Matches my skin perfectly. One pump (yes, it's a pump, not a open glass bottle) is enough to cover the whole face and neck.

It's glides on smoothly on the face, has very high coverage. My face is riddled with scars and hyper-pigmentation. This liquid foundation makes my skin look absolutely flawless. You don't even need concealer if you're wearing this foundation. It's a matte finish that blends in with your pores.

It's not lightweight though so even in the first application you can feel it on your face. Which is why one pump is enough. Anymore than that you'll have a cake. The shade range in this series is pretty incredible. People with dark skin tones would appreciate the selections available in this range.

I used a flat top makeup brush to spread out the foundation after dollop-ping the foundation all over my face. I used a circular motion.

The only con about this foundation is that on a hot day it melts off your face. I use PORE-fessional by Benefit and I still have shine and oil from my T-Zone. This foundation is not long wearing as it claims. Use a good setting powder and primer for this foundation. I truly believe this one would work well on cold days or if you're only ever exposed to air-conditioning in the office. Keep a compact powder of the same shade to touch up throughout the day.

It is definitely on the expensive side for an everyday use foundation costing at RM78 per bottle. Mind you it's a pretty small bottle. Drugstore dupes of similar quality can be found for cheaper but drugstore brands don't carry too much of darker shades. They'd have 10 colours for light-skinned gals and maybe 3 for supposedly "dark" shades. They're caramel to tan at most. Ugh.

Do I recommend it? Yes for my darker skinned beauties because it does give a flawless finish. As said use a damn good primer and setting powder. 

No comments:

Review ~ The Girl in the Ice by Robert Bryndza

  I'd give this 3.5 stars. It's his first book so there's that.  The plot ran smoothly with realistic dynamics between character...