01 January 2018

Maybelline Fit Me! Poreless + Matte Foundation ~ Review

Hello there~~~


I am generally impressed with Maybelline products. This Fit Me! line is all the rage in Youtube and Instagram. Many dark-skinned beauties (such as myself ahem) have found the shade range in this line to be absolutely phenomenal. In fact, I dare say that Fit Me! is more dark-skin friendly as compared to their other lines. I made a review on their Dream Velvet line here

The above colour is 338 Spicy Brown. Their darkest colour. And very beautiful colour.

The only downside it is absolutely the wrong shade for me! In my excitement to have found foundation for darker skin, I bought this because when I tested it under white light in Guardian pharmacy, it flawlessly covered my hyperpigmentation (caused my years of acne scarring). 

This glass bottle doesn't have a pump, which means you have quite a bit of wastage pouring it on your hand and using a makeup brush for application. I cannot understand why it doesn't have a fucking pump. 

The thing about the shade 338 Spicy Brown is, it is made for those with red/brown undertone in their skin. I have yellow undertone. Which means I need to use foundation with a lot of "yellow" in it. Thankfully my mom has red/brown undertone so I could give this to her. =P

I'll tell you what's absolutely amazing about this shit:

  • It really is full coverage! OH. EM. GEE. It's so fucking full coverage. With my severe hyperpigmentation, I did not even need concealer. 
  • It gives a smooth, flawless finish. I have enlarged pores on the apple of my cheeks and it smoothed it out!
  • When I poured some product on the back of my hand, the solution was thick, creamy and a little runny, but once it's on your face...MIRACLE. It was lightweight, airy and absolutely a comfort on the skin. You could feel your face becoming fresher.
  • It's buildable but one coat really is enough!
  • It's a perfect everyday foundation. 
  • It's extremely long lasting. My face was shine free for a long time!
  • It has very little transfer. You can get away with not using a setting powder with this one. 
  • It's a perfect night-time foundation. My face looked amazing when someone took a photo of me with flash on.
  •  This is generally touted as a perfect foundation for those with oily/combination skin. 
What I didn't like about this:
  • It doesn't have a pump so if you are using this foundation for everyday (work, school etc) you better give yourself a little more time before you head out of the house. Messy eh. 
  • No SPF! So not ideal for being out under the sun.
  • It oxidizes like CRAZY. Like cray cray oxidize! I recommend you get shades 2x lighter than your actual skin tone. I looked like I slathered chocolate on my face! I am caramel/tan this was waaaaay to dark on me. 
Would I recommend this? Absolutely. For my dark skinned sisters, you have found yet another affordable foundation for your skin tone range.

*Honest UNPAID review by a customer who tried and tested this with her own money. 

No comments:

Review ~ The Girl in the Ice by Robert Bryndza

  I'd give this 3.5 stars. It's his first book so there's that.  The plot ran smoothly with realistic dynamics between character...