20 May 2018

Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturizer Review


I actually love product reviews. 

Depending on the whether, I have oily-combination skin. The shine is especially bad in my T-zone area. I look dreadful without anything on my face to regulate the sebum production.

You might think it is counter-productive or counter-intuitive to use a moisturizer on oily/combination skin, because the whole purpose of a moisturizer is to hydrate the skin ie regulate the "water" in the face. Does oily/combination skin need more water?

It is a myth that oily/combination skin does not need moisturizers. This skin type needs moisturizer like any other skin types. Granted, the formula for my skin type definitely differs.

First off; you need one that locks the sebum production, mattifies the sebum production on problem areas and treat any abnormalities of problem areas such as spots or acne (oily/combination skin often suffers from breakouts). 

Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturizer is one such brand that has been touted to carry the functions of clearing problematic skin, reduces sebum production for a matte finish and quick absorbency plus beneficial ingredients to "repair" skin. 

I've been using this for months now. And I must say despite it being one of the top ranked and favourite for people of my skin type: I found it very, very disappointing. 

I always find myself having shine all the same after 2 hours. I apply generous amounts of this product on my T-zone area. It doesn't work. It does have a very smooth, light airy feel to the application and it does live up to it's "mattifying" and "powder like" texture. And as promised on the packaging, it does not smell. 

Another weakness of this product is that it does not work on skin already riddled with acne. You kinda need to have "smooth" oily/combination skin or recently cured acne-free skin to see any semblance of effectiveness of this product. And again, that too, does not live up to it's reputation. 

I would not be repurchasing this. I have scoured around the market for affordable drugstore brand moisturizer and already have a few that I would buy after finishing this tube. 

*HONEST REVIEW MADE BY THE USER WHO PURCHASED AND TESTED THE PRODUCT WITH HER OWN MONEY

No comments:

Review ~ The Girl in the Ice by Robert Bryndza

  I'd give this 3.5 stars. It's his first book so there's that.  The plot ran smoothly with realistic dynamics between character...