24 August 2018

Bausch and Lomb Lacelle Contact Lens Review

How long has it been since I've done one of these?

Ages, as it stands.

Bausch and Lomb is hailed as the royalty of contact lenses.

They're popular for their high-quality clear lenses and somewhere between my colour lens hiatus, they've launched coloured contacts: Lacelle Diamond & Lacelle Jewel.

I bought Lacelle Jewel in Amber Brown because I thought I'd go for high-end quality lenses to "retrain" my eyes with having contacts in them. I mean I've had their clear lenses and thoroughly satisfied with it, this SHOULD be good.

Be prepared. The tunnel's about to get darker from here.

It was a disaster of a formula, design and overall materializing.

I have dry eyes, so I always opt for lower water content (38% - 42%).

Lacelle Jewel is 38% methinks and the Diamond series is at 55%...? Meh,

The contact lens itself is of a very beautiful colour. I have no complains for the colour. I do have complains about firstly, it's pupil diameter. I can see the top curve of the contacts, a perpetual brown shadow marring my field of vision.

Amber Brown

What a goddamned shame. This is seriously attention-gabbing and beautiful. But fucked up on the vision field. 

To make matters worse, it was seriously uncomfortable. I cannot wear this for more than 3 hours. I wore it for 5 hours and wanted to scratch out my eyes. Goddamn.

2 blisters per box. As my shit rotten luck would have it: the first blister for my left eye the contact was chipped at the side. So had to throw that away and use up what was supposed to be the replenishment. 

Secondly, this shit dried out my eyes so much I was squinting. And it felt like I had grains of sand in my eyes.

Third, ridiculous price for a disaster of a product. I cannot regret my decision because this is exactly what I wanted before reality bitch-slapped, spit and farted in my direction. 

I have recently thrown them away with the intend of never buying them again and now I have an extra blister for the right eye just sitting there collecting dust. What the fuck am I gonna do with it.
I should have gone for Peridot Green, Peridot being my favourite shade of green. 

Sigh, what a flop of a product. 

I give this 2/10, the only merit being their beautiful shade of colours. 

I bought this with my own money and tested it. No sponsorship here so you can be assured that the review is unbiased. Buy at your own risk. 

No comments:

Review ~ The Girl in the Ice by Robert Bryndza

  I'd give this 3.5 stars. It's his first book so there's that.  The plot ran smoothly with realistic dynamics between character...