12 February 2012

Actors are not Heroes



Indian films have a habit of referring to their actors as 'hero' and 'heroine'. It irks me to no end when none of these men and women have done anything noteworthy(correct me if I'm wrong) other than to have acted in movies. 

From what I know hero/heroines are persons who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model ideal.

Actors are entertainers. They perform to a crowd of audience. Hence, calling them heroes is an insult of actual heroes who are out there - think of soldiers who are fighting for our country, people who are dedicated to serving the poor and less fortunate and most importantly - our parents are also heroes and heroins.

I should think we must start referring to Indian actors who are the main characters of their story(when are they not the main characters of their movies?) as LEADING ACTORS/MAN or for females - LEADING ACTRESSES/LADY.  I strongly and firmly believe this is the correct term that we should all start using. 

I understand, that'll be like asking for pigs to fly.



No comments:

Review ~ The Girl in the Ice by Robert Bryndza

  I'd give this 3.5 stars. It's his first book so there's that.  The plot ran smoothly with realistic dynamics between character...