26 September 2012

A Toothy Story with a Sprinkle of Wisdom

I simply love making up weird titles like this. XD

I had my third molar from my lower right jaw removed and boy, that escalated quickly. I was in and out of the dentist's chair in less than 20 minutes. XD
I was given strong numbing injections and when she probed with my gums and the offending tooth with scalpels and hook-like devices, I felt no pain - only pressure from the instruments she used.

I was stitched up real quick and I can fell it's prickly surface touching my tongue. I am swollen like nobody's business and she expects me to be this way until my stitch removal next week. =P

After the extraction, I was extremely elated because a) the dentist was a kind, gentle person ; b) she was REALLY GOOD. Her name is Dr.Chan and her clinic is in PJ New Town - it was clean and so nice looking XD.

I am a bit needled by the price though - RM600 for one tooth! So freaking expensive. I was told dentists in Subang Jaya does it for only rm300 per tooth. Next time, I'm having my left lower jaw wisdom tooth removed in Subang >=O
After exiting the clinic, half of my face is numb and my head throbbed from all the pain. I decided to wait for my mum until her work finishes at 1pm. I had thought myself able to withstand the dizziness but boy, was I ever wrong.

I said hello to diarrhea, vomiting and near-fainting episodes. I called the mumster and begged her to come pick me up because standing up is such a strain. I cried in public over the discomfort I endured for an excruciating hour. I pretty much fell asleep on the bench like a freaking hobo. =\

When my mum arrived, it was as if an angel itself had landed from the heavens.

I fell asleep the entire ride in car, body stinging with pain, having made weak from the vomiting and diarrhea. As soon as I reach home, I fell asleep immediately, waking up in intervals to drink water. I felt a little better at 6.30pm. Mum bought food shortly after. I had asked for either noodles or porridge so I wouldn't chew as much, clasping my teeth is a fucking pain. In the end I only ate half of wantan noodles. Chewing is a fucking pain.

Taking painkillers for the throbbing pain in my gums and aspirin for head, I once again fell asleep.
My sleep is really uncomfortable, the bed feels like rusty metal, my head feel heavy and numb.

In short, this is kind of a traumatic experience for me. It'll be a while before I have my other third molars pulled.

Even the dentist admitted that is one monster of a tooth. Can't believe this shit had been in my gums. Crooked, nonetheless.

No comments:

Review ~ The Girl in the Ice by Robert Bryndza

  I'd give this 3.5 stars. It's his first book so there's that.  The plot ran smoothly with realistic dynamics between character...