13 March 2013

Chocolate Cake Recipe (without milk)

So mother nature is being a monthly bitch as usual and strives to make me fat with these sugar cravings and shit. I thought, why don't I make a chocolate cake?

My fridge is always empty, and I thought let's have a cake handy whenever I'm feeling for a little snack bite.

I had all the cakey ingredients but milk, so I googled a recipe that doesn't use milk, since my sis is lactose intolerant and it's just not a thing for us.

It's here, if you want to take a look.

Preparation was fairly easy, I got the texture and consistency right.

Well, it looks like the one from the website so okay...

This nigga was still piping hot when I cut it. I'm supposed to leave it to completely cool, but I was too eager to nom it.

Review:

It did came out right, that cakey texture with cakey taste and shit. 
BUT. Since it doesn't use milk and substitutes it for 6 tbsp of oil and 1 tbsp of vinegar. It tasted...like cheap chemical. Yeah, I can't describe this weird acid taste. It had that local bakery made chocolate cake taste, you know where they use cheap ingredients?
Yeah, it tastes like that. I think I will never ever make a milk-less chocolate cake anymore. The oil and vinegar substitute isn't up to my standards. Granted this recipe required frosting and I'm too fucking lazy to do it.

So yeah, it edible and mum likes it. Sis asked that I make Lembas Bread again. I was very happy with that one, it turned out amazing.

No comments:

Review ~ The Girl in the Ice by Robert Bryndza

  I'd give this 3.5 stars. It's his first book so there's that.  The plot ran smoothly with realistic dynamics between character...