21 June 2019

Colourpop: So Juicy lipgloss review

I'm so glad I'm rich.

Because I can think about splurging on cute stuff like this.

Okay I've seen this lipgloss occasionally POP (see what I did there) in instagram. I think it was a love at first sight with the packaging.

It's in this really cute tube packaging where you can see the colour inside.

While some of the So Juicy glosses are pigmented, some are more sheer with glitter on it.

They were having buy 2 for $12 promo at that time so my greedy ass spent an eternity just looking at the lucky colours I would purchase.


Type of Way got kicked in the mail when she was delivered I think hence the dent. 😝

I chose Va Va Voom ( a glittery orange gloss with a sheer finish) and Type Of Way (a muted plum-pink with glitter, mild pigment enough to show on lips).

Aren't they absolutely pretty?
You cannot see the glitter but they're there!

The package itself is very strong and luxurious to the feel. You won't need to worry about spillage since it is quite sturdy. The cap is just normal silver chrome plastic lid. I would recommend wiping off the applicator after each use to prevent gunk and goop build-up in the cap interior. It's just hygiene really.

The So Juicy range is a high-shine, hydrating lip gloss that claims to plump the lip.

Was it shiny? Yes. Was she sticky? Yes, Was she hydrating? It was like being kissed by a unicorn.

Was she plumping? You can bet on it. Some people claimed it did nothing plumping, but I can see mine a bit well, juicier.

She smells like peppermint, and feels tingly on the lips. The pleasant kind not the ouchie ouch ouch kind.


Her applicator is not plastic but rubber instead so she glides on lips better. 

She's quite stubborn on staying on the lips, so you need to wipe her off with some determination.
That's what you get with a quality lipgloss.

Colourpop unfortunately doesn't sell retail in Malaysia, so I bought directly from their webby. She took 3 weeks to be shipped from the US.

I choose Va Va Voom because I cannot, for the life of me find any colour swatch on this orange beauty.

I think she is a rare and stunning colour and would look bomb on dark-skinned beauties. Her sheer orange hue with rich glitter is every teen girl's dream. And a fun colour to boot.

Type of Way is more popular and is a frequent choice for swatching. On darker skin tones, she looks beige nude. She's gorgeous and makes me feel cute.

There was some nostalgia aspect in deciding to buy this too.

During the early 2000's when I was a teenager, I was obsessed with this Maybelline lip gloss that only came in one colour (sheer baby pink). I remember being obsessed with this lipgloss so much that I would insist my mom to get it for me when the tube finishes. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the lipgloss or what the series was, I only remember it was Maybelline. I cannot find anything about this long-discontinued lip gloss on the internet either. Even the formula feels damn near the same.

So Juicy range from Colourpop even looks exactly like the Maybelline one. It's like being a girl again. *pokes at wrinkles* oh well.

This is more of an everyday wear when you're out with your girls. Or about to suck someone's dick. Whichever.

I am overall very happy with this gloss. I wore both of them to test out colour run and last-ability.

She's surprisingly loyal on the lips. The longer you keep her on, the better for your lips since she REALLY hydrates your lips.

I would recommend everyone to have at least one their vanity. She's worth it.

No comments:

Review ~ The Girl in the Ice by Robert Bryndza

  I'd give this 3.5 stars. It's his first book so there's that.  The plot ran smoothly with realistic dynamics between character...