22 June 2019

Senka Speedy Perfect Whip, Perfect Whip White & Perfect Whip Collagen In Review

If you frequent KL Sentral LRT Station, you'd be familiar with the advertisement (as you descend the escalator) where this Japanese woman holds a shit-shaped foam on both her hands and a blue bottle next to it claiming it to be the No.1 face wash in Japan.

They ain't lying actually. People (Japanese or otherwise) have known to buy this by the cart. It is not unusual to see this product sold out almost everywhere.

Especially when Senka is only available in retail in Asia part of the world, the west struggle to get their hands on this coveted product.

How did I come to fall hopelessly head over heels in love with this brand?

It all started when I was afflicted with viral fever the week before and during Raya. I fell back on my skin care routine because I was literally too sick to pamper my skin.

Shit went south, deep south overall on my skin.

My skin darkened by a few shades, had hyperpigmentation on my skin, don't even get started on the acne shit broke out in a vengeance. I loathed looking at myself in the mirror. Felt like all those years of obtaining a skincare routine that worked for me got flushed down the drain.

I learned that to "fix" skin afflicted by illness, you have to treat it like sensitive skin.
So I let go of my daily face scrub and masking since I wanted literally love my skin back to perfection. Ahems.

I learned that foam cleansers and facial oils are best.

Being the scholar that I am, I researched extensively on best, trusted and tried foam cleansers. Senka always pops out with rave reviews. I kinda fell in love with it too with it's straightforward function, simplicity of concept and of course the extremely affordable price.

And I was elated to know Watsons Malaysia carries this.

It was soon in my vanity.

Why I chose more than 3 types to use?

Because I have specific skin issues to address.

1. To gently clear up my face while moisturizing it. 


Speedy Perfect Whip is merely a "fast" version of their original Perfect Whip. You see, the product itself is cream cleanser. But you sort of rub it between your hands to work it into a fluffy foam.

The Speedy version comes with a pump where it foams for you. Very useful for those are hard-pressed for time. Sadly, only the original comes with a pump version while the rest of it don't.



The product makes for a rich dense foam with a light scent. And I found that it cleanses better when you apply directly on skin that's not wetted with water. My super oily skin is indeed cleansed thoroughly and moisturized.

You can see it plumper and healthier.

2. To brighten my skin tone

Apart from the skin darkening that dastardly viral fever caused me, I also have a job where I am considerably exposed to the sun.

So a little bit of suntan ain't an issue for me since I am a dark-skinned Indian girl. I own my skin. But you also want your face to match the rest of your body.

So I also choose Senka's Perfect Whip White. It claims to brighten your skin while moisturizing it. And it's oil-free so my oily skin is drinking this up.

I use this face wash right after I come back from work. I've seen instant skin brightening, and the moisturizing effect on this is fucktons better than the original perfect whip. Smells the same like the original Perfect Whip. This only comes with a regular tube packaging so you work this with your hands.

3. To start working on giving my skin the anti-aging it needs

You're supposed to start anti-aging shit after 25. I've always been a late-bloomer so I am only starting to get on the collagen bandwagon shy before turning 30.

The Collagen In series comes in a pretty pink plastic tube that smells and works the best out of the 2 above in my honest opinion.

I was incredibly satisfied with just one use itself. The Collagen In series, to me, did the job of both the original and White series. It moisturized and brightened my skin tone, made my skin soft and supple.

Out of all three, I would definitely repurchase the Collagen In since it worked the best for me. I will just use up the original Perfect Whip series and immediately switch to Collagen In and keep it a staple from then on.


When it comes to facial oils, Farsali's Volcanic Elixir is definitely my go to. See my post about it here.

So far, as per beauty advise that I picked up in the internet, I have been washing my face with Senka, toning (DO NOT EVER SKIP ON TONERS), and then Farsali's Volcanic Elixir for a month now. My skin has improved fucktons, drastically, incredibly, you name it.

My skin is back to it's even tone, it's bright and healthy looking, the hyperpigmentation is diminishing by day.

The only thing left is the acne. But that's ok, in my experience acne does take more time to go away.

But if you're reading this, maybe this could be something you can try if you're still looking for a skincare routine that works for you.

Drugstore facials oils are getting more popular now so you can pick up a vial of Vitamin E, C or Rosehip oil in Watsons or Guardian.  

No comments:

Review ~ The Girl in the Ice by Robert Bryndza

  I'd give this 3.5 stars. It's his first book so there's that.  The plot ran smoothly with realistic dynamics between character...